make a doughnut stack as high as the Empire State Building
in only 2 minutes.
2. In 1685, New France used playing cards as currency
because of the shortage of coins.
4. If someone was to fly once around the surface of the
moon, it would be equal to a round trip from New York to
5. Soldier’s disease is a term for morphine addiction.
The Civil War produced over 400,000 morphine addicts.
6. According to Scientists, vampire bat saliva is the
best known medicine for keeping blood from clotting.
7. The coliseum in Rome was used regularly for about
8. Vincent Van Gogh's "Portrait of Dr. Gachet is the
most expensive painting sold at an auction. It was
purchased for $85.2 million dollars.
9. There are about 125 million multiples (twins, triplets,
10. One tree can filter up to sixty pounds of pollutants
from the air each year.
11. A squash ball moving at 150 kilometers per hour has
the same impact of a .22 bullet.
12. Your brain is 80% water.
13. Poll results: Nachos is the food most craved by
was mentally slow because it took him a long time to learn
how to speak.
15. The amount of aluminum that Americans throw out in
three months is enough to rebuild all American commercial
16. During World War II, condoms were used to cover
rifle barrels from being damaged by salt water as the
soldiers swam to shore.
17. O.J. Simpson had a severe case of rickets and wore
leg braces when he was a child.
18. The material to build the Taj Mahal was brought in
from various parts of India by a fleet of 1000 elephants.
19. Gardening is said to be one of the best exercises for
maintaining healthy bones.
20. The best time for a person to buy shoes is in the
afternoon. This is because the foot tends to swell a bit
around this time.